“The only thing constant is change.”
~ Heraclitus, Greek philosopher
Has your life been touched by a major event such as a death, divorce or layoffs at work? Are you having a hard time moving through and past the emotional turmoil? Do you feel completely stuck and like you need guidance getting back on track?
Life transitions, even the positive ones, can throw us into a tailspin and leave us feeling stressed, confused and vulnerable.
Change Can be Beneficial
Change, even difficult change that is neither wanted nor expected, can influence personal growth. With each new challenge, we develop new personal skills and obtain a greater awareness of ourselves, our family and our communities.
Common Life Transitions
Some of the most common life transitions we help clients navigate are:
- Moving away to college
- Adjusting to university life or your first professional job
- Getting married
- Having a new baby
- Empty nesting syndrome
- Breakup, separation or divorce
- Infidelity recovery
- Job loss or major change in career
- Financial gain/loss
- Serious illness or disability
- Issues pertaining to ageing
- Death of a loved one
- Questioning the meaning of life
- Questioning your faith/spirituality
- Questioning your sexual/gender identity
If you or someone you love is struggling with a life transition and would like to explore counselling, please be in touch.