Counselling for Anxiety
Does it feel like anxiety is taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it, no matter how hard you try?
Some common symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy may be the most effective option. Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, help you learn relaxation and mindfulness skills, shift your perspectives and further develop your coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you are experiencing distress related to anxiety and would like support, please contact us today.