Grief & Bereavement Counselling
Bereavement refers to the process following the death of a loved one, and grief is a reaction to any form of loss. Both encompass a wide range of emotions such as fear, anger and deep sadness.
Adapting to a loss is a unique process that is influenced by many factors including an individual’s background, beliefs, and relationship to the person who’s passed.
Some common responses to grief are:
- Crying and sighing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of sadness and yearning
- Feelings of worry or anger
- Feelings of frustration or guilt
- Feeling detached from others
- Self-isolation from social contact
- Behaving in ways that are not normal for you
Grief is a natural process and every individual’s grieving experience is different. If you would like support during your unique grieving process, we invite you to connect today.